Tuesday 23 November 2010

Bouncing Ball: Research & Live-action reference

These videos are scenes of live-action footage I shot for reference to the bouncing ball project. No audio has been processed. Each time the ball bounced across the screen, the path of action, the distance and the duration differs between attempts. I decided to use a tennis ball because my pet dog has a whole box of them. 
After I got enough footage, I uploaded the clips to my laptop and imported them into Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 where I began to break the clips down into frames for observation. I did this to get an idea of how much spacing was required to get the ball from one end to the other, the height of each bounce as the ball descends and how many frames were needed for each bounce.

Below are images that I have looked up for research.
  



Below is a few links of YouTube videos I had researched and chosen for more reference. The clips show good examples of animated ball shots and tutorials with the squash & stretch and spacing techniques.




These ones show reference for ball and tail animations.



No comments:

Post a Comment